Tuesday 2 October 2012

Fishing with friends - photos


 OK, going Carp fishing is fantastic, waking up at 5 am just as the sun rises over a misty lake with double figure carp topping on the surface and no man made sounds for miles. Couldn't ask for more. Well yeah the sound of your rod shooting off. But when that thrill can be shared with friends as well, the experience becomes even more unforgettable.


Sam Russel and his PB Common at 20lb


 Fishing with company can go from one extent to another, it could be you father showing you the ropes and catching a few roach on a bamboo cane, to showing a local how to fine tune your high-tech hair rigs to catch your personal best carp. I have been fishing for a long time now and even worked in a tackle shop for around 7 years, learning to fish from scratch was fun and tiring at times, but it enabled me to have a full understanding into the world of Carping. By learning and working it out yourself, you have a huge advantage into learning more and fishing itself. The one thing that I get an even bigger thrill from is when after all these year of learning, you can forward your knowledge and skills onto someone else and have them catch a fish of a lifetime, and that's down to you! Over the last year particularly, I have fished with a lot of different people, from meeting fisherman at the waterside and getting to know them, to taking out good friends who have never held a fishing rod before. Some of which take some time to learn, and others who seem to pick it up instantly and naturally are able to bait up, and even reel in the monster with the perfect technique on their first hit.
Like Bethan, within half an hour or so of quick tuition, she landed 4 fish, the same as me and as consistently. She did ever thing from baiting up to netting it herself, very keen to learn and get stuck in, and this proved her well as her first fish from the lake was the targeted species, a lovely 12lb Common.

Bethan Jones, first ever carp at 12lb

Those moments when your fishing and something happens which locks in your brain, those things that happen which make you tell everyone when you see them what went on. Whether its falling into a lake(which I have done various times) or catching a fish. When you are older and have done your time, its then when these times sitting by a vast expanse of water hoping for a run, comes rushing into your mind. Many times I have sat by a lake with friends, not caught anything but still gone home happy! As they say, "a bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office". This is so true, like I said earlier, the sun rises or drops over the picturess lake, you have nothing to think about, forget everything and relax in the backdrop of a stunning environment which too many people take for granted, or ignore completely. My friend John once said to me recently, "id rather go and sit by the lake for a couple hours of an evening and maybe not catch anything, than sit inside cooped up in a room playing on an xbox".
John of all my mates has the most enthusiasm and motivation to get out on the bank and get involved, never will I see him sat down with a beer if there is work to be done. Even when we are sat fishing he will be setting up an extra rod or trying to find out if we can find a fish differently. He has already said to me he is looking at buying a set of gear, and out of all the people I have showed what to do, he is the one person who I could leave all my gear with and with in an hour he could be set up, fishing and not miss a thing. He has been able to listen and take in what I've taught him, and on the next session he can put it into practise without a reminder.

John Gage with his brace of Commons

 As much as I love showing someone what it takes to catch a fish, its a treat to fish along side someone with the same knowledge or skills as me, then I can set up and not have to worry about how my friends are getting on. All I have to listen for is a voice from one side of the lake shouting "net, get the net!" at which point I am more than happy to help! In fact that's the moment when your heart starts racing, the adrenaline is pumping through your body like nothing else and you achieve what you came for.

Here are some more photos of fishing with my friends, enjoy







 


















1 comment:

  1. Fishing In Dubai amazing fishes caught. really a great job done. you guys must have enjoyed a lot.

    ReplyDelete