Tuesday 9 October 2012

Ash fishery, hard lake, first visit, 1st september




Right, so Ive fished Ash for a few years, but always fished on the far lake simply because I would rather catch 8 doubles in a day than have a go at catching one big upper 20/30 and maybe blank. But recently I have fished at Ash on the harder lake which contains the bigger fish in attempt to try and trick a big gun. My first session on it I had a 9lb common off the surface but this was only a little trip and I had no real rods in that lake. We were fishing the middle lake and I just had a quick go at a moving fish in the hard lake, and had it. The second time I fished that lake it was the very start of September and I had very high pressure weather conditions but I pushed through anyway. 
With the very high pressure my first thought was surface fishing, with that in mind I fed in over the Lilly's plenty of dog biscuits in the hope that while I'm setting up I might get a few fish confidently feeding. Before setting up I had I little swim spot and cast around a marker to find out what I'm fishing in, once I had my spots chosen I also baited up each spot where my bottom rods will go. I often like fishing with 3 rods on the bottom but on this occasion I had 2 on the bottom and my light 8ft rod for stalking/surface fishing. After a few hours I had the odd fish show on the top but not confidently feeding at all, hardly even picked up a biscuit. In the other lake which I could also fish as I was bang In the middle of the 2 lakes, plenty of fish were showing and I had around 30 or so fish out through out the day all up to around 10lb. Meanwhile in the hard lake my bottom rods had no action until around 11 am and the alarm went crazy. I run over to the rod from behind my peg, slipped over in the mud, and am playing the fish from the floor. When it comes in it hits 16.9 on the scales, not a bad start for the first session on the lake. No more fish were taken from that lake but for me landing a fish from that lake, off the bottom, on my first visit was good enough. It gave me a good idea where fish can be produced in a day session. Here are some photos of the small Carp which I stalked, and also the 16.9.
16.9 Common

9lb Common

16.9 Common

No comments:

Post a Comment