Friday 8 February 2013

5 days at the famous Horseshoe lakes in the cotswold's

Right, 27th of December and I did the long trip to Horseshoe lakes in the Cotswold. I stuck it out for 5 days using different baits to find the carp. I fished through every weather condition possible but managed to find 3 Carp. My main approach was to fish in a clear spot in the weed using snowman rigs and pop ups over a spodded area. Here we go...

My first fish taken on the second night, on the clear spot. Taken on the snowman rig



Fish number two taken at around 8 in the morning of the second day, same rod, same spot, same bait. A bigger fish this time, hit the scales at 18+


It then wasn't until the last night that managed another one. This time off the same spot but off a chod rig just slightly in the weed, only around 15lb but a lovely fully scaled fish!






Check the video for a lot more, in depth tactics and footage of the fish....


No comments:

Post a Comment